It was a rough weekend for the FBS programs in the area as all three lost. The FCS programs feared better. Despite some tight games, there are no changes at the top of the poll.
Here is this week’s Top 16 Poll.
1. Holy Cross (4-0): Crusaders take care of Colgate. A visit to Harvard awaits as the top two teams in our poll collide.
2. Harvard (2-0): Crimson survive a scare at Brown and now host the best team in the region on Saturday.
3. UNH (3-1): Wildcats move up after dominate win at Towson. They visit Western Michigan on Saturday night.
4. Dartmouth (1-1): Big Green drop one spot after tough overtime loss to Sacred Heart. Dartmouth will look to rebound this week when they host undefeated Penn.
5. URI (2-2): Rams played Pitt tough for three quarters. Despite that, they have lost two in a row and return home on Saturday for a Governor’s Cup Showdown with Brown.
6. Stonehill (2-0): Skyhawks remain stationary despite being IDLE once again. They return to action this week when they host Duquesne.
7. Brown (1-1): Bears lose a tough one to Harvard but despite that, they remain in this spot. Big showdown coming up on Saturday with URI for the Governor’s Cup.
8. Yale (1-1): Bulldogs bounce back with an impressive 38-14 win at Cornell. Get to know the name Joshua Pitsenberger. The freshmen running back is a stud.
9. Sacred Heart (2-2): The Pios stun Dartmouth for one of the biggest wins in program history. The offense finally got going. 0-4 Norfolk State visits Fairfield on Saturday.
10. Merrimack (2-2): Warriors bounce back after tough loss at Harvard with a solid 26-13 win at Delaware State. 0-4 LIU visits on Saturday.
11. Boston College (1-3): The Eagles are licking their wounds after getting thumped by Florida State on Saturday night. Louisville comes to Chestnut Hill on Saturday.
12. Bryant (1-3): The Bulldogs got in the win column on Saturday with a win over LIU. The Bulldogs open Big South play with a visit to N.C A&T on Saturday.
13. UMass (1-3): The effort was there in a 28-0 loss to Temple. Now the hope is that effort translates to points when the Minutemen visit Eastern Michigan this week.
14. UConn (1-3): The Huskies fell behind early and couldn’t bounce back in their loss to N.C State. They host Fresno State on Saturday.
15. Maine (0-3): The Black Bears were IDLE. They back home this week when they kick off CAA play against Villanova.
16. Central Connecticut State (0-4): The Blue Devils have their best offensive day of the season but it’s not enough in a 45-26 loss to Albany. A visit to St. Francis is on tap for Saturday.