Week three saw Boston College and UMass win their first games of the season while URI and UNH both had disappointing losses. Harvard narrowly escaped against Merrimack and Holy Cross beat Yale to continue its strong start.
Here is this week’s top 16 poll.
1. Holy Cross (3-0): Crusaders flex their muscle against Yale. They open up Patriot League play with a visit to Colgate.
2. Harvard (1-0): Crimson needed overtime to beat a talented Merrimack team. Head to Brown this week to kickoff Ivy League play.
3 Dartmouth (1-0): The defending Ivy League champs looked impressive in their win over Valpo. The Big Green travel to Sacred Heart this week.
4. URI (2-1): Rams doomed by slow start against Delaware in 42-21 loss. The Rams have no time to lick their wounds as they travel to Pitt this week.
5. UNH (2-1): Wildcats drop a tough one to N.C Central. They will look to bounce back this week when they visit a tough Towson team.
6. Stonehill (2-0): Skyhawks move up a spot despite being IDLE. They are not playing this week either.
7. Brown (1-0): Bears stun Bryant in double overtime to start the season right. Next up is a visit from Harvard on Saturday.
8. Boston College (1-2): Eagles got tested this week by Maine but picked up their first win. A trip to Tallahassee is on tap this weekend to take on Florida State.
9. UMass (1-2): Minutemen pick up their first win of the season at home against Stony Brook. It’s back on the road this week against Temple.
10. Yale: After a tough loss to Holy Cross, Bulldogs need to get back on track. A visit to Cornell is just what the doctor ordered.
11. Merrimack (1-2): Warriors prove that they can play with the best in this region despite losing in overtime.
12. Sacred Heart (1-2): Pios lost 24-9 at Morgan State. Offense has been hard to come by thus far and that’s a problem with Dartmouth z as coming to town.
13. UConn (1-3): The Huskies were undermanned and overmatched on Saturday. It doesn’t get any easier with a trip to Durham, North Carolina to take on the Wolfpack this week.
14. Bryant (0-3): Bulldogs could easily be 2-1. They deserve better. Bounce back game on tap this week at LIU.
15. Maine (0-3): Black Bears played tough at B.C and built some momentum heading in their bye week.
16. CCSU: Tough loss at S.E Louisiana State is followed up by a trip to Albany.