The final week of the regular season is here for most of the Division One programs in our area.
Boston College has two weeks left but the rest of the programs wrap up this weekend.
The biggest game of the weekend of course is Harvard at Yale. The Game is one of the best rivalries in college football and we’ll be there to cover it.
There are some other big games as well. Maine visits UNH in the Battle for Brice-Cowell Musket and Dartmouth travels to Brown where they will attempt to secure a share of the Ivy League title.
The aforementioned Eagles host Florida State while URI will attempt to strengthen their case for at large bud in the FCS playoffs when they visit Elon.
Here is our Week 12 poll.
1. Holy Cross (8-2): Crusaders secure their third straight Patriot League title with a blowout win over Fordham.
2. Boston College (6-4): Eagles have won two in a row and are now bowl eligible. They host Florida State this week.
3. Dartmouth (8-1): Big Green can clinch a share of the Ivy League with a win over Brown.
4. Harvard (7-2): Crimson travel to Yale for the “The Game” With a win and Dartmouth and Princeton losses, Harvard would get a share of the Ivy League title. It’s a long shot however.
5. Rhode Island (7-3): The Rams cruise past UNH and have a big game on tap this week at Elon. A win gives them a shot at an at large playoff spot in the FCS playoffs.
6. Sacred Heart (7-3): A win over Long Island would clinch the NEC for the Pioneers and secure them a spot in the FCS playoffs. The return of Julius Chestnut has been a boost for this program.
7. Yale (5-4): Bulldogs hoping to upset Harvard in “The Game” and finish with a winning record.
8. Bryant (6-4): Bulldogs clinch winning season by crushing LIU. Now they have a chance to finish with seven wins.
9. Maine (5-5): Black Bears were very impressive in their blowout win over UMass. A chance to finish with a winning record and secure the Brice-Cowell Musket is at stake Saturday at UNH.
10. Merrimack (5-5): Warriors suffer ugly loss to St. Francis. A winning season is on the line Saturday when Bryant visits Duane Stadium.
11. Central Connecticut State (3-7): The Blue Devils lost a tough one to Duquesne but this program has improved big time from the start of the season.
12. New Hampshire (3-7): Wildcats struggled mightily on Saturday against URI. A chance to salvage their season is on tap this Saturday when Maine visits Durham to battle for the Brice-Cowell Musket.
13. Brown (2-7): Bears eyeballing potential upset in the season finally against Dartmouth on Saturday.
14. UConn (1-9): The excitement of the Jim Mora hire was dampened by a blowout loss to Clemson.
15. UMass (1-9): Losing to Maine is considered rock bottom to some. To me, it’s reality. This program has a long way to go to be competitive again.