The biggest story of this past weekend was UMass snapping their 16 game losing streak by beating UConn 27-13. It was a much needed win for both the program and for head coach Walt Bell.
The other big story of the weekend was 18th ranked Rhode Island knocking off 9th ranked Delaware 22-15 at home. It was a huge win for Jim Fleming and the program.
Here is our top 15 poll for this week.
1. Rhode Island (5-0): Rams maintain the top spot after knocking off CAA power Delaware.
2. Harvard (4-0): Crimson struggled with Cornell early but found a way to get it done.
3. Dartmouth (4-0): Big Green are starting to roll after Saturday’s hard fought win over Yale.
4. Boston College (3-1): Eagles coming off a bye to face N.C State on Saturday night.
5. New Hampshire (3-2): Wildcats host Dartmouth coming out of the bye in the battle for New Hampshire.
6. Holy Cross (3-2): Crusaders looking to hit their stride coming out of the bye.
7. Yale (2-2): Bulldogs proved that they can play with anyone in the Ivy League in tough loss to Dartmouth.
8. Bryant (3-3): Bulldogs went toe to toe with Duquesne but fell short.
9. Sacred Heart (3-3): Pioneers get back to .500 the old fashion way. By running the football and playing good defense.
10. Merrimack (3-3): Back to back losses have slowed down the Warriors conference and playoff momentum.
11. Brown (1-3): Big win over Colgate. Bears played well in all three phases.
12. UMass (1-5): Snapped their 16 game losing streak. What more needs to be said.
13. Maine (1-4): Black Bears struggle both offensively and defensively in loss to Elon.
14. Central Connecticut State: Blue Devils deserve better in tough 22-20 loss to Columbia. That being said, there was a lot to build on for Coach McCarthy and his staff.
15. UConn (0-7): Huskies were short handed this week due to COVID. Failed to show up against UMass and it cost them.