Week two in Division One New England College Football featured a tighter than expected game between Boston College and UMass, a major upset when Merrimack beat Holy Cross and a shake up in the NEC.
Here is our week three poll.
1. Boston College (2-0): Eagles survive a battle with the Minutemen but lose Jurkovec.
2. New Hampshire (2-0): Coach Mac earns 100th career win at the school in impressive fashion.
3. Rhode Island (2-0): Coby Tippett reminds us of why he was one of the most impactful transfers at any level.
4. Merrimack (2-0): Warriors win the biggest game in program history by toppling the Crusaders.
5. Holy Cross (1-1): Crusaders fail to capitalize on UConn win.
6. Bryant (1-1): Bulldogs pick up huge win over Sacred Heart and vault themselves in the mix in the NEC.
7. Sacred Heart (1-1): Pioneers no show in a game they needed to win.
8. Dartmouth (0-0): Big Green kick off against Valpo this week.
9. Harvard (0-0): Crimson own at Georgetown this week.
10. Yale (0-0): Bulldogs pen against a hungry Holy Cross team looking for redemption.
11. Brown (0-0): Bears battle the Rams for the Governor’s Cup to open the season.
12. UMass (0-2): Minutemen prove that they have the talent to play with Power 5 schools in loss to B.C.
13. Central Connecticut State (1-1): Better effort for the Devils against Wagner pays off as the Blue Devils come from behind to win.
14. Maine (0-2): After battling against Delaware in the opener, the Black Bears get blown out by James Madison.
15. UConn (0-3): Huskies get destroyed 49-0 by Purdue in Lou Spanos’opener.