1. The Bruins responded in a big way last night with a 5-2 win over the Red Wings. The win catapult the Bruins into the second wild card spot in the Eastern Conference. The B’s are in. They just need to take care of business versus the Sens tomorrow afternoon.
2. How about the Bruins youthful fourth line last night? The puppies came to play!
3. While it was disappointing that the Red Sox got rained out, we were spared watching Joe Kelly implode by the fourth inning. Instead, we’ll get to see it happen tonight in Toronto.
4. The Celtics better take care of business tonight against the hapless Bucks. Milwaukee has underachieved this season and they are looking forward to summer vacation. The C’s should win tonight. SHOULD is the key word.
5. I like the Marcus Kuhn signing for the Patriots. He gives them a rotation defensive tackle who can play the three technique on the strong side and the shade tackle on the weak side. Good pick up!
6. The Patriots pre-season schedule was unveiled yesterday. They’ll host the Saints and Bears and play the Panthers and Giants away. The Saints will probably come to town for some joint practices so that’ll be interesting. I’m looking forward to the games against the new look Bears and the defending NFC champs. Both should be good early season measuring sticks for the Pats.
7. Somehow the Warriors beat the Spurs last night but couldn’t beat the T-Wolves the other night? Go figure.
8. In case you give a shit because I don’t. Quinnipiac beat B.C 3-2 yesterday in the Frozen Four.